Sunday, May 8, 2011

Shout out!



As you know, today is Mother's Day. I just have to take a second to do a shout out to the most amazing woman in the world! I am so grateful for my mom and my best friend. I am so thankful for her example of love, charity, and selflessness. I feel so blessed to be her daughter. I wish we were celebrating together in Jerusalem. I love you mom!!
We finally arrived in Israel last week after a grueling 18.5 hours in the air! Pilgrimage season is in full swing so we were so lucky to have a group of 14-year-old middle schoolers on the flight with us who did not sleep the entire 10 hours from Philly to Tel Aviv!! We all wanted to get as far away from them as soon as we hit Israel! We instantly hit the ground running and started exploring the Old City as well as the more modern West Jerusalem. I don’t have much time to write about details but here are some pictures to help you get the idea!



The Jewish Quarter in the Old City
Open Air Market


Open Air Market
Dome of the Rock
Katie and I at the dome of the Rock


Nabi Samwil Mosque in Gibeon



Augusta Victoria Church

Muslim Quarter in the Old City

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Emily! I LOVE being your Mom - you are the BEST!! I wish we were in Jerusalem together, too. We would "paint the town red"!!
    I love all the photos - keep taking lots and keep them coming! xo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooo hoooo jerusalem is looking fly!! i love all the colors and culture! i agree with your mom keep taking photos :)

    ReplyDelete